Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex Fedora-Linux.nl
Het forum van Fedora-Linux.nl.
Deze site wordt gehost door Exonet Internet Services

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

e Dodgers say "he is expected to be competitive in time

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Servers & Netwerken
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
bellis555

BerichtGeplaatst: Do Jul 27, 2017 3:26 am    Onderwerp: e Dodgers say "he is expected to be competitive in time Reageren met citaat

INDIANAPOLIS - Larry Bird ended the speculation about Frank Vogels job security before it could even begin. Cheap Jazz Jerseys . Hes safe.On Wednesday, the Pacers president of basketball operations announced Vogel had signed a multiyear contract extension. Terms were not disclosed and players and coaches were unavailable because they had a scheduled day off. The 41-year-old Vogel is expected to take questions Thursday.The move comes exactly three weeks before Indianas regular-season opener against Philadelphia and eliminates a potential distraction since Vogel was entering the final year of his deal with the Pacers.Were very happy to extend Franks contract, Bird said in a statement issued by the team. I believe he has done a great job and I look forward to continuing our relationship and working together to achieve all of our goals.A year ago, winning the citys first NBA title seemed like an achievable feat. Bird acknowledged before training camp that the Pacers were going all in to make a championship run. Vogels players responded with a 33-8 start that gave Vogel his first chance to coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars.Little has gone right since then for the Pacers and Vogel, who has a 147-82 career record.The Pacers stumbled in the second half of the season, finishing 23-18 amid squabbling teammates and questions about whether Indiana had the right mix of players -- or even the right coach. That didnt stop during first- and second-round playoff series against Atlanta and Washington. Indiana wound up advancing to the conference finals and losing again to the Miami Heat.In early June, Bird defended his coach and denied there was any consideration of getting rid of Vogel.The day it (the report) happened, I went down to Frank and all of his assistants and said, I want you back next year, and that was the end of it for us, Bird said at a season-ending news conference.But things got worse during the off-season.In July, Lance Stephenson left for Charlotte in free agency, and in early August, two-time All-Star Paul George broke his right leg when he ran into a basketball stanchion during a national team scrimmage in Las Vegas. Stephensons decision and Georges injury, which is likely season-ending, left Vogel without his two best scorers.While many outsiders and some players have acknowledged Indiana needs to scale back its goals this season, Vogel has insisted the Pacers can win.The message to my team is that we have to bring a high level of competitiveness every night. We have to bring it every night, Vogel said last week during the Pacers media day. We have enough talent here to be competitive and compete with the best.Vogel got his big break in January 2011, succeeding the fired Jim OBrien as the Pacers interim coach. He turned around a team that looked like it would miss the playoffs for a fifth consecutive year, finishing 20-18 and leading it into the post-season for the first time since 2006. Vogel then got the coaching job full-time.In 2012, Vogel led the Pacers to their first playoff series win since Reggie Miller retired seven years earlier, and then to back-to-back conference finals appearances.So with the Pacers facing perhaps their most daunting challenge in years, Bird rewarded Vogel by eliminating by one more potential distraction -- his future.Im excited for the opportunity to continue my tenure as Pacers coach, Vogel said in the statement. Its an honour to represent this franchise and lead this team. I look forward to the challenge ahead. Wholesale Jazz Jerseys .C. - Alberta prop Andrew Tiedemann will captain Canada against Uruguay on Friday, the opening day of competition at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship. Cheap Jazz Jerseys Authentic . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. http://www.cheapjazzjerseys.com/ . Especially after he got ejected. "How many innings was that?" he wondered. LOS ANGELES -- Don Mattingly said Monday that his 2014 contract option vested with the Dodgers first-round playoff victory over Atlanta, but he isnt sure hell be back as manager next season. He said that the organization put him in a difficult position with his players by not exercising a team option going into the final year of his three-year deal. "Its been a frustrating, tough year, honestly," he told reporters while sitting next to general manager Ned Colletti. "It puts me in a spot that everything I do is questioned because Im basically trying out and auditioning, can you manage or cant you manage? Thats not a great position for me as a manager." Mattinglys option worth $1.4 million would allow him to return, but the team has yet to say anything about his future. Colletti said Mattinglys status would be "resolved very quickly." But it was apparent while Mattingly talked that he would like a multiyear deal. "Its pretty easy to figure out," he said. "I like being here, but I dont want to be anywhere where youre not wanted. I dont want to be somewhere where people dont think youre capable of doing the job," Mattingly said. Colletti made it clear that he supports Mattinglys return. But team President Stan Kasten and the ownership group headed by Mark Walter figure to have the final say. "I think he did ggreat," Colletti said. Cheap NBA Jerseys. . "I have a lot of respect for this guy. He kept it steady for a tough period of time." Mattingly is 260-225 in three years as manager, guiding the Dodgers to the NL championship series, where they lost to St. Louis in six games last week. When the Dodgers stumbled to start the season, falling to last place in the NL West while injuries piled up, speculation was rampant that Mattingly would be fired. Kasten indicated to him at the time that things needed to improve for Mattingly to keep his job. The team won 42 of 50 games during a torrid midseason stretch to take over first place and eventually won the division by 11 games over Arizona. "It was quite a remarkable season," Colletti said. He wouldnt comment on the status of Mattinglys coaching staff, but its possible changes could be made, although Mattingly indicated he would like to keep it intact. NOTES: Dodgers CF Matt Kemp had arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. The team said the procedure "involved removing several spurs, a loose body and doing a microfracture on the talus bone." Kemp is expected to be in a splint for two weeks and a walking boot for another two weeks. But the Dodgers say "he is expected to be competitive in time for the regular season." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht AIM-naam Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Servers & Netwerken Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: