Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex Fedora-Linux.nl
Het forum van Fedora-Linux.nl.
Deze site wordt gehost door Exonet Internet Services

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

o in its hard, said Ruff. The hope tank for the team goes do

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Overig
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
bellis555

BerichtGeplaatst: Ma Mrt 20, 2017 9:17 am    Onderwerp: o in its hard, said Ruff. The hope tank for the team goes do Reageren met citaat

WASHINGTON -- Doug Fister made quick work of the New York Mets, and thats one reason why his teammates on the Washington Nationals provided him with ample hitting support. Jerry West Lakers Jersey . Fister took a five-hit shutout into the eighth inning, Adam LaRoche homered twice and Danny Espinosa also connected as the Nationals cruised to a 7-1 victory Wednesday night. Fister (11-3) allowed one unearned run and six hits in 7 1-3 innings. He struck out seven and reduced his ERA to 2.49. In his first season with Washington, Fister has made a positive impression with his new team by working rapidly and going after opposing hitters. The technique confounded the Mets and provided the Nationals with plenty of time to take their hacks against New York starter Jonathon Niese (5-Cool. "Its no coincidence that I feel like a lot of runs get scored when Doug pitches," LaRoche said. "I think its a matter of really quick innings. Hes pitching to contact, guys are on their toes, and theres a lot of action. Seems like when hes pitching, were out there for 30 minutes on defence and spend two hours in the dugout." The Mets, who had faced Fister only once previously, seemingly werent prepared for his rapid-fire style. "He works real quick, throws a lot of strikes, doesnt walk anybody," New York manager Terry Collins said. LaRoche hit a two-run drive in the first inning and a solo shot in the eighth, his 23rd career multihomer game. Espinosa went deep with two on in the sixth and Anthony Rendon hit two doubles to help NL East-leading Washington increase its lead over sputtering Atlanta to four games. Niese gave up a season-high six runs on eight hits in six innings. It was only the second time in his last 25 starts the left-hander yielded more than three earned runs. Niese is 0-4 with a 5.76 ERA in four starts since coming off the disabled list with a left shoulder strain. "It seemed like when I didnt feel 100 per cent, thats when I was pitching best," Niese said. "My arm feels a lot better so Ive got to figure out how to pitch with that." Washington got all the offence it needed in a three-run first. Rendon doubled with one out, Jayson Werth hit an RBI single and LaRoche followed with his 14th home run. "Its certainly nice to get that," Fister said. "Ive still got to go out there, still got to put up a zero and get our guys back in to hit." In the sixth, Ian Desmond singled, Bryce Harper walked and Espinosa sent a 1-1 pitch over the left-field wall. It was his seventh home run of the season, the first since May 12. Fister left with two on and one out in the eighth with Washington up 6-0. Newcomer Matt Thornton gave up a two-out RBI single to Daniel Murphy. Washington leadoff hitter Denard Span singled in the third to extend his streak of games reaching via a hit or walk to 32. TRAINERS ROOM Mets: Collins said he expects RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (right elbow) to throw off a mound by next week and to make a rehabilitation appearance soon after that. Matsuzaka, who was placed on the disabled list July 26, is 3-3 with a 3.87 ERA. Nationals: Werth was pulled in the seventh with a shoulder strain. "Jaysons got a shoulder thats been bothering him a little bit. Tonight he was a little tight in his neck," manager Matt Williams said. UP NEXT Mets: Rookie Jacob deGrom (6-5) seeks to win his sixth straight start when New York and Washington meet Thursday afternoon to close out the three-game series. Nationals: Washington will start RH Jordan Zimmermann (7-5), who hasnt given up a home run at home in nine games since April 9. SCOREBOARD WATCHING Williams said he had too much to do as a player to be a scoreboard watcher. "I couldnt afford to. I wasnt good enough," he said. "I didnt have time for it." Hes not checking out the out-of-town scores now, either. "Theres no reason to see what anybody else is doing because were trying to take care of our business today," he said. "If we win today, the position that were in, there cant be any movement." Custom Lakers Jersey . Marcus Olsson, 23, joins Blackburn on a free transfer from Swedens Halmstads. He made 139 appearances and scored 17 goals in his four years with the club. He earned his first caps for Sweden this month, featuring against Bahrain and Qatar. Roy Hibbert Lakers Jersey . As the only competitor to try two quads, much less complete them, Kovtun ended the day nearly nine points ahead of Japans Tatsuki Machida, who opened with a clean quad but then stepped out of the triple toe loop that was the second jump in his combination. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Larry-Nance-Jr-Jersey/ .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude.VANCOUVER - Kari Lehtonen got to work early against the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night.The Dallas goalie stoned Radim Vrbata just over 30 seconds into the first period, and stared down a number of other great chances in the opening 20 minutes in the Stars 2-0 victory.Thats always huge when you are able to make a great first save, said Lehtonen, who made 27 stops to pick up his second shutout of the season. That gave me lots of confidence and that carried later on in the game.Dallas has been dreadful defensively this season, averaging an NHL-worst 3.52 goals against per game coming into Wednesday, but played a solid final 40 minutes to hand Vancouver its fifth straight loss.A lot of the time you point to your goaltender whether you win it or you lose it, said Stars head coach Lindy Ruff. When you lose you often point at him and when you win its the guy thats going to get the credit. He made a couple big saves when we came out a little bit flat and I thought that really picked the team up.Dallas (12-13-5) has wobbled through the start of the season with losing streaks of seven, four and three games, but Lehtonen who sports a .906 save percentage and a 2.97 GAA hasnt been terrible. Hes just been hung out to dry a lot of nights.There has been some rough games and some games I have not done a great job so it kind of goes hand in hand, said Lehtonen. Some nights players make it really easy for me and some nights I have to make some great saves, but thaats just part of the job. Nick Van Exel Jersey. ehtonen said hes been guilty of trying to do too much at times and as a result, finds himself out of position in the crease.I think I should be more patient and play a more simple game when things get harder, he said. I was able to do that today, always wait where they are shooting and then trust that I can be fast and make the saves and it worked out tonight. I just have to keep doing that.The Stars answered Lehtonens great first period on Wednesday with a much-improved effort, holding the Canucks to just four shots in the second.He gave us a fighting chance in the first period to win a hockey game and the second period we answered the bell by going after them pretty good, said Ruff. Weve been working hard playing defence in the offensive zone, controlling the puck and zone time. I thought we did a lot better job of that. We had some shifts that we totally finished in the offensive zone.The Stars with a potent offence lead by Tyler Seguin arent by any means out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference, but an improved defensive game will be key to them making a run at the post-season.And so will a lot more nights like this one from Lehtonen.When you struggle and bad or tough goals go in its hard, said Ruff. The hope tank for the team goes down (but) when your goalies playing great you think you can beat anybody.A counter punch off a big save is often one of the deadliest things in the game. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht AIM-naam Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Overig Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: