Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex Fedora-Linux.nl
Het forum van Fedora-Linux.nl.
Deze site wordt gehost door Exonet Internet Services

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

David Villa. Whatever the outcome, Larin seems capable of pl

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
bellis555

BerichtGeplaatst: Vr Nov 03, 2017 2:56 am    Onderwerp: David Villa. Whatever the outcome, Larin seems capable of pl Reageren met citaat

ALAMEDA, Calif. Chase Daniel Jersey . - Oakland Raiders cornerback Keith McGills struggled to get on track his rookie season because of injuries and the time it takes to adjust to the NFL.McGill played just 18 defensive snaps over the first 14 games as he was relegated mostly to special teams duty when he was healthy. With starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers on injured reserve and backup Chimdi Chekwa injured last week, McGill finally got an opportunity to show what he can do.McGill fared well against the Buffalo Bills but now is in for the ultimate test in the regular-season finale when he must match up with Peyton Manning and his deep group of receivers on the Denver Broncos.I think every week weve gone against a pretty explosive receiver, McGill said. Obviously, this week going against Peyton Manning, it just adds a quarterback element in that picture, so whenever youre going to play against him, I think youre going to raise your game up. So with him and the receivers around him, I think were going to be ready for it.McGill, a fourth-round pick out of Utah, was expected to contribute as a rookie but was slowed by a groin injury that sidelined him for four games in the middle of the season.It took until the second-to-last game of the season for McGill to make a big contribution. He played 50 defensive snaps last week and allowed only one catch despite being matched up for part of the game with talented rookie Sammy Watkins.When you put a young guy in a game like that, they dont get the reps, they dont see the pictures, youre wondering how they are mentally, interim coach Tony Sparano said. It tells you that theyre paying attention in the meetings, it tells you that their coaches are doing a good job with them that way, but I was impressed with what Keith did that way.McGill said he spent the time on the sideline trying to learn from the veterans on the field and did his best to keep up in the meeting rooms.He acknowledged being a little winded during the game last week, but kept at it and hopes a performance like that will help prepare him for next season when he hopes to play much more.Its always going to be nice to get game reps and you just have to build off of whatever kind of foundation you have, he said. Mine is kind of late in the season, but those last two games, theyre going to be important and I just have to go in there and try to do my job as best as possible.McGill is one of three young cornerbacks the Raiders will look to build their defence around this off-season. Fellow rookie TJ Carrie, a seventh-round pick, has gotten ample playing time both outside and in the slot and has allowed just one touchdown pass against all season, according to Pro Football Focus.DJ Hayden, the teams first-round pick in 2013, has shown promise after the start of his career was derailed by injuries that limited him to eight games last year and forced him to miss the first six this season.As much as youd love to have Carlos Rogers and Tarell Brown and those guys out there, it gives you a chance to see the younger players and to see the guys that you drafted and to see some of those things happen and I think that the more that these kids are playing, the more comfortable they are out there, Sparano said. Ive been impressed with that group.NOTES: Pending free agent C Stefen Wisniewski said the Raiders made a few contract offers this season but did not meet his price so Sundays game could be his final with team. ... Carrie (ankle), LB Khalil Mack (hamstring) and RT Menelik Watson (foot, ankle) are questionable for Sunday. ... WR Vincent Brown (groin), WR Denarius Moore (knee, ankle) and Chekwa (hamstring) have been ruled out.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Manti Te o Jersey .com) - Patrik Elias registered the winner in the shootout as New Jersey nipped Toronto 2-1 at Prudential Center on Wednesday. Garrett Grayson Jersey . The St. Louis Cardinals were scheduled to arrive in Boston in time for a workout on Tuesday afternoon. Much of Mondays discussion focused on Bostons lineup considerations as the series progresses, specifically when the venue shifts to St. http://www.officialsaintslockroom.com/marshon-lattimore-jersey-saints-jersey-69/ . For one, he still gets to crank the intensity to the max. "I push pretty angry. I ran pretty angry too though, but I have fun doing it," Lumsden said.There’s a good chance that on Thursday a Canadian will be picked first overall in Major League Soccer’s SuperDraft. UCONN forward Cyle Larin won’t be in Philadelphia for the draft, as he is currently away with Canada’s U-20 national team trying to qualify for this summer’s FIFA U20 World Cup, but the 19-year-old from Brampton is widely projected to be a top two pick. Orlando City holds the first-overall selection in the SuperDraft with fellow expansion club New York City FC picking second ahead of Montreal Impact in third. Toronto FC holds three first-round picks, starting with number six, and Vancouver Whitecaps are 13th in line. On this week’s TSNFC podcast, we were joined by Bobby Smyrniotis, the Technical Director for Sigma FC, the academy where Larin developed his talents from the age of 11. Smyrniotis has been at the MLS Combine in Florida over the past few days where he has had conversations with staff of both Orlando and New York about Larin. Larin finished his UConn career with 23 goals in 39 games and was named American Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year in 2013. This year he was named AAC Offensive Player of the Year. So what makes him stand out? “He’s a rare blend of a big number-nine striker who has got soft feet and is very technical,” said Smyrniotis. “I think what makes him alluring for many of the clubs here in MLS is that he blends the physical attributes with being a very intelligent footballer.” “As a number nine he has the ability to score in and around the box from a variety of manners, whether he is beating players or whether it’s with service from the outside, his aerial game is very good, Smyrniotis continued. The other thing that people see in him is his hold-up play. He’s very good at bringing the ball down and having defenders around him and that helps a team that wants to play with a point man up top.” Despite just leaving college, Larin is no stranger to the professional game, having spent time training with a number of European clubs over the last couple of years including Genk and Club Brugge in Belgium and Hertha Berlin, Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen in Germany. There had been some speculation that Larin would leave college a year early and join the class of the 2014 SuperDraft, but with another year under his belt, Symrniotis is confident the Canadian teenager has all of the qualities needed to deal with the pressure of being a very high draft pick. “He’s got the right mentality for it,” said Smyrniotis. “He has been iin some good environments in the past and over the last year getting called up to the senior national team with Benito Floro has helped him a lot. Coby Fleener Jersey. He has been over training with some European clubs, so he has had a taste of the pros and I think that will prepare him for what is coming in the next couple of weeks.” “He is a very level-headed young man. That is something we try and work at with young players – the mental coaching aspect of things, making sure the players don’t get too high and don’t get too low, Smyrniotis went on. There’s a long process involved in things and there will be a lot of ups and downs as a pro and I think he has been well prepared for that. His name has been talked about a lot in the media, but he usually stays away from that and is unaware of a lot of it and I think that’s a good thing on his part.” Smyrniotis feels that Larin could be a quick study in the MLS. “I think it comes down to where he may go, or what the exact needs of that club will be, he said. From a technical aspect he will definitely need a couple of months to get his feet wet, but I think it will be a quicker transition than a slower one.” Larin isn’t the first product from Sigma Academy to head into the MLS SuperDraft. Two years ago, Kyle Bekker and Emory Welshman were both picked in the first round by Toronto FC. Smyrniotis has been to every MLS Combine since 2008 and has been impressed with the standard of players on show this time around. “It’s been a relatively good combine, he said. Some of the top players are missing, such as Cyle who is down in Jamaica, but what is important to note in talking with the MLS teams is that they still take this very seriously. A lot of MLS teams now have USL PRO teams as their reserve teams, so they will have a legitimate place for some of these players to keep on developing, instead of them just being released in a few weeks - that has been one of the big issues in the past.” It promises to be an exciting few days for Larin as he continues to play a role in Canada’s quest to qualify for the 2015 U-20 World Cup in New Zealand and also gets to find out where he will begin his pro career. He could end up in Orlando, playing alongside Brazilian star Kaka, or in New York, where he could learn off NYCFC’s star striker David Villa. Whatever the outcome, Larin seems capable of playing a major role for club and country in the years to come. Click here to listen to the latest edition of the TSNFC podcast Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht AIM-naam Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: