Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex Fedora-Linux.nl
Het forum van Fedora-Linux.nl.
Deze site wordt gehost door Exonet Internet Services

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

mpic Committee had "an embarrassment of riches," t

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Installatie
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
bellis555

BerichtGeplaatst: Wo Okt 11, 2017 3:09 am    Onderwerp: mpic Committee had "an embarrassment of riches," t Reageren met citaat

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. Micah Hyde Jersey . -- The attorney for a woman who accused star Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston of sexual assault said Thursday that she intends to sue the school, the Tallahassee Police Department and the player himself. Also Thursday, Gov. Rick Scotts office released letters written to him in December by the accuser and her mother, imploring him to reconsider opening an investigation into the case. FSU, the Tallahassee Police Department and an attorney for Winston couldnt immediately be reached for comment Thursday. Attorney Patricia Carroll, who represents the woman who accused Winston of rape, said she plans to file a notice to sue the police department early next week. Under Florida law, anyone filing a lawsuit against a government agency must file court paperwork six months prior to the suit itself. The sexual encounter between Winston and Carrolls client happened on Dec. 7, 2012. Winstons attorney has said more than once that the sex was consensual. No charges were filed against Winston by Leon County prosecutors who investigated the case nearly a year after the woman said the attack happened. But Carroll said her client, who was an FSU student at the time, was sexually assaulted. The woman was 19 and reported what happened to Tallahassee Police. At a mid-December news conference, Carroll criticized the way the police investigation was handled, saying that detectives failed to interview key witnesses, used unreliable and incomplete forensic tests and never tested the alleged victims blood for the presence of date-rape drugs. Carroll said that her client was "treated like a suspect." Tallahassee police have defended their handling of the case and Carroll said she received a letter from the department that said an internal affairs investigation found that the case was handled with proper procedures. Carroll has also criticized police for not submitting her clients sexual assault kit to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement lab until Jan. 17, 2013 -- 39 days after it was taken. The attorney questioned whether evidence was properly preserved during those 39 days. Carroll says she asked Floridas attorney general, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the governor for an independent examination into the rape investigation, claiming it was riddled with problems. Scott "didnt even give us the courtesy of a response," Carroll said Thursday. On December 13, Scott, through a spokeswoman, said he declined to look into the matter. Jackie Schutz at the time said local prosecutors and state law-enforcement authorities did "a thorough investigation of this case and they concluded that no further action on this matter is required." Carroll sent Scott a letter on Dec. 19 -- along with one from the woman and her mother. The documents were released Thursday by Scotts office following a public records request. In a one-page letter, the woman who has accused Winston told Scott that her attorney received calls from two other FSU students who said they were raped, but were "discouraged" from going through with a prosecution. Carroll said the family members of those two women contacted her following her December news conference. The Associated Press does not normally identify people who say they may have been victims of sexual assault. The accusers mother said in her letter that she knows the governor has daughters and asked him to "put yourself in my shoes for a moment." Her daughter did not "fabricate" a rape, the woman wrote, and did not know Winston prior to Dec. 7, 2012. "I want to tell you about my daughter with the hopes that you will see her as a real person and not just some name on a police report," the mother wrote, adding that her daughter was heavily involved in school activities and was a leader on sports teams and student government. "I am hoping that this letter makes an impact on your decision and you direct FDLE to open an investigation into the Tallahassee Police Departments handling of this matter. I will not give up on my daughter and will do everything in my power to see that everyone finds out the truth." The 20-year-old Winston became the second freshman to win the Heisman trophy given to college footballs most outstanding player. He joined Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke as the schools three Heisman winners. Winston led Florida State to its first undefeated season and national championship since 1999 after setting national freshman records for yards passing and touchdown passes. The Seminoles defeated Auburn 34-31 to capture the third national title in school history. Andre Holmes Jersey . - Roger Federer squandered a big lead and lost to No. Patrick DiMarco Jersey . Amaro broke the NCAA all-time record for receiving yards in a season for a tight end with 1,352 during his junior campaign, eclipsing the mark of 1,329 set by Rices James Casey in 2008. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Richie-Incognito-Bills-Jersey/ . -- Sonny Grays fastball wasnt as sharp as it usually is, and the Oakland Athletics young pitcher even had a quirky replay go against him. SOCHI, Russia -- The amazing ride for Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse didnt end at the Sanki Sliding Center. Canadas Olympic bobsled champions received one of the Games highest honours, chosen to carry Canadas flag into Sundays closing ceremony. "Wow. Its truly an honour to represent what our Canadian athletes are all about," Moyse said. "If we look back to the Canadian teams performance back in Vancouver (in 2010) we can see that a new culture of winning has truly emerged. "The fight that Kaillie and I demonstrated here reflects the fight of all of our Canadian athletes. We are strong. We are winter. We have the strength of a nation behind us. We were raised on ice and in snow. "And as we said in our note to the Canadian hockey team, we also fight to the bitter end." Only twice before has Canada had two people share flag duties: pairs figure skaters Jamie Sale and David Pelletier in 2002, and rowers Marnie McBean and Kathleen Heddle in 1996. Womens hockey star Hayley Wickenheiser carried the flag into the opening ceremony in Sochi. Humphries, from Calgary, and Moyse, from Summerside, P.E.I., displayed steely nerves in their come-from-behind victory. The Canada 1 sled had a gap of 11-100ths of a second to close entering the final run. Moyse delivered with a strong push at the start, then Humphries took over from there. In the end the USA-1 sled came up short on its final run, giving Canada the win by a tenth of a second. "We were able to show the world that were fierce, were proud, were determined, were not going to settle for anything less than being the very best, and were going to do it in our own way," Humphries said. "Heather and I in our race. . . neither of us gave up and we knew we had a nation behind us, pushing us, and not giving up either, and that gave us the strength to really go all in and never let up." Humphries and Moyse were underdogs when they won at the Vancouver Games four years ago but were favourites this time around. The Canadians had at least silver locked up after their final run at the Sanki Sliding Center, and then had a nervous two-minute wait in the finish area while Americans Elana Meyers and Lauryn Williams completed their run. The pressure seemed to get to the Americans, who came up one-10tth of a second short with a wobbly run, meaning Canadas women were golden once again. Jordan Matthews Jersey. Humphries and Moyse received the flag news very early Sunday morning. Theyd been at the bobsled track late watching the Canadian men race. When the 28-year-old Humphries got the call from Canadian chef de mission Steve Podborski, she thought shed pocket-dialled him. "He was like No, I called you," Humphries said. "To get that phone call to be told that you get to walk into a ceremonies with your countrymen behind you, your teammates, your family, and to know that youve been chosen as one to represent. . . goes beyond just words." As the women pointed out, they represent Canada almost from coast to coast. After the Vancouver Games, there were references about the two being meat and potatoes -- Alberta beef and P.E.I. potatoes. "That steak and potatoes, that gold-medal meal," Humphries said. "We tie in everywhere from coast to coast, and its not just (an honour) to represent our country, but to represent the athletes who are here, the best of the best who already represent our country so well." Podborski said the bobsledders embody the values the Canadian Olympic team set for the Sochi Games -- stoked, proud, inspired, fierce and unstoppable. "By defending their Olympic championship in a four-run come-from-behind battle that was clinched in literally the last few seconds, the last few metres," he said. The Canadian Olympic Committee had "an embarrassment of riches," to choose from as well, he added. Among other likely candidates: womens and mens curling champions Jennifer Jones and Brad Jacobs, moguls champion Alex Bilodeau, and sisters Justine and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe sisters, gold and silver medallists in womens moguls. Hours before they were to march into Fisht Olympic stadium, Humphries was hoping to control her nerves while Moyse was worried about crying. "Im so nervous and so excited for it and I was not even close to this nervous competing by any means," Humphries said, laughing. "For me the nerves will probably be to try to get through it without sobbing," Moyse added. "Its an extremely emotional feeling, so if I get through it without crying, that will be a huge step." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht AIM-naam Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Fedora-Linux.nl Forumindex -> Installatie Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: